Please join us for the 75th annual Great Lakes Park Training Institute, presented from February 28 to March 9, 2022.
Pokagon State Park- February 28-March 3, 2022
Virtual- March 7-March 9, 2022
Held annually since 1947 at beautiful Pokagon State Park, the Great Lakes Park Training Institute is a training opportunity for park and public lands professionals in municipal, county, state, regional and national agencies. It provides a forum for the exchange of ideas, opportunities to network with and learn from peers, and exploration of current issues and techniques in the field of parks and recreation.
Industry leaders provide educational sessions and hands-on workshops on timely and relevant topics along five tracks:
- Personnel and Career Development – Strengthen your skills in communication, leadership, training, and evaluation
- Park and Facilities Maintenance –Trends, best practices, and training for facilities and grounds maintenance
- Natural Resource Management – Environmental stewardship, management, and sustainability of park and natural resources
- Natural and Cultural Interpretation – Tools and techniques to connect guests, schools, and communities with natural and cultural resources
- Park Operations- Best practices and innovations to advance the operation of your park or recreation facility
Registration for the 75th Great Lakes Park Training Institute is now open with in-person and virtual packages!
Register now for discount pricing. Prices will increase on January 1, 2022.
Click here for more information about registration.
Awards and Scholarships
The Great Lakes Park Training Institute annually recognizes excellence in parks, facilities or programs by regional agencies, and individuals for their impact to and excellence in the park, recreation, and public lands profession.
Scholarships are available for park professionals looking to advance their careers to help with the cost of attending GLPTI. Click here to apply or nominate for GLPTI Awards and scholarships.
GLPTI offers sponsorships to help your business or organization connect with the park professionals attending the conference. The support of our sponsors makes it possible to offer high-quality training and networking opportunities. Click here to learn more about sponsorship benefits: