Held annually at beautiful Pokagon State Park, the Great Lakes Park Training Institute (GLPTI) is a training opportunity for park and public lands professionals in municipal, county, state, regional and national agencies. It provides a forum for the exchange of ideas, opportunities to network with and learn from peers, and exploration of current issues and techniques in the field of parks and recreation.
The Mission of the Great Lakes Park Training Institute is to provide the very best training and education programs that benefit all allied park and recreation agencies, professionals, and technicians at all levels by providing a learning environment to share new ideas, learn, and gain knowledge relating to successful operations, techniques, and methods in their respective fields.
Industry leaders provide educational sessions and hands-on workshops on timely and relevant topics along five tracks:
- Personnel and Career Development – Strengthen your skills in communication, leadership, training, and evaluation
- Park and Facilities Maintenance –Trends, best practices, and training for facilities and grounds maintenance
- Natural Resource Management – Environmental stewardship, management, and sustainability of park and natural resources
- Natural and Cultural Interpretation – Tools and techniques to connect guests, schools, and communities with natural and cultural resources
- Park Operations- Best practices and innovations to advance the operation of your park or recreation facility