We are committed to the education and training of parks and recreation professionals therefore your comments and suggestions regarding improving the Institute and our Proceedings are welcomed. We hope these Proceedings are valuable to you and we look forward to seeing you at the next Great Lakes Park Training Institute.
2010 Full Procedings
- Full Proceedings for 2010 [67 MB]
2010 Proceedings by Topic
- Implementing Green Parks Initiatives in Your Park
- Communicating with the Public
- Community Gardens in Parks: Connecting Communities with Food and Fun
- The ABC’s of Mitigation
- Leadership—Are You Up for the Challenge?
- The Economic and Intrinsic Values of Parks
- Communication Styles, Media Relations, and Communicating in a Crisis
- A Priority and Commitment to Safety: Job Hazard Analysis (OSHA)
- New Utility Vehicles: Making them Work!
- Social Networking, Web 2.0 Made Easy!
- Gadgets Returns!
- Bridging Generations
- Reconnecting the Disconnect: Families Children, and School Groups
- Lions, Tigers, and Bears—Oh My! Parks and Natural Hazards
- Reconnecting the Disconnect: Special Events
- Vision 2050—Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Building Community Health in Parks
- Recreation Access Audits: A to Z
- Bright Idea: Using New Lighting Technologies
- Realize Operation Reductions through Electric Energy Efficiency
- Smart Irrigation: A Sustainability Tool
- Trail Stewards: A Different Approach to Volunteering
- Natural Playscapes: Encouraging Children’s Imaginative Play and Healthy Development
- Celebrating 100 Years of Contributions by the Boy Scouts of America
- The Hunt for the Ivory Billed Woodpecker
- Below the Surface: Aquatic Invasives
- Community Engagement
- The How to Prairie Restoration Session
- Introduction to the National Incident Management System
- Effective Teamwork: Together Everyone Achieves More